Come for an hour… Stay for the day
The Trochu Arboretum is open to the public as of May 15th, 2020, but please note the following COVID-19 Protocols:
- Washrooms are currently open daily from 7:30am to 4:30pm and will be cleaned 4 times per day
- Please do not enter the arboretum if you are feeling ill or exhibiting COVID-19 or other cold and flu-like symptoms.
- Follow guidelines for good hygiene before and after visiting, for public use there is a hand sanitizing station located to the west side of the Visitor Interpretive Center.
- Please practice safe distancing – This may require one party to step off the pathway or to wait while someone leaves or enters an area.
- Due to the large number of benches in the Arboretum, use is at your own risk.
Thank you from the Town of Trochu and the Arboretum and District Society
Annual Arboretum Membership
Annual membership runs from April 1 to March 31 each year. Memberships run at $15 per person or $25 per family. Payment may be made by mailing a cheque (payable to the Trochu Arboretum Society) to Box 803, Trochu. The Town of Trochu office is also willing to accept payment. Membership grants you free visits to the Trochu Gardens and Grounds throughout the year.
Arboretum Rental Costs
$350 for Ceremony and photos
$350 for Reception and photos
$550 for Ceremony, Reception, and photos
$150 for only photos
$50 Additional for use of VIC
Damage Deposit equal to rental (Not Cashed unless there are damages)
Visitor Interpretive Centre (VIC) Rental Information
Looking for a great facility to rent for a a great fee – check out the VIC.
VIC rent as agreed upon between the Owner and the Renter, is as follows:
$100 for whole day
$65 for 4 hours and under
Damage Deposit to equal cost of rental
For questions or more information, call the Arboretum Manager at 403-588-8600 or The Town of Trochu at 403-442-3085.
Found in the heart of the Central Alberta Prairies, the Trochu Arboretum and Gardens is a nature lover’s dream.
Come and explore the hundreds of varieties of trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals found in our garden. Red shale walkways will lead you on a path of discovery to all the wonders found within. Numerous specimens of trees and flowers will beckon the photographer in you to capture the beauty of Mother Nature’s gifts. Many varieties of birds can be heard singing in the canopy above and many more are found bathing in fountains or feeding on the ground below.
Explore our Dr. Hay Memorial pond and find frogs, water striders, koi, goldfish and many aquatic plants. Kids of all ages will enjoy challenging a partner to a game of checkers on our outdoor checker board. Beat our feathered friends to nature’s treats in our fruit garden and eat apples, cherries, saskatoons and raspberries fresh from the tree.
There are public washrooms available.
For any information please call 403-588-8600
There is always something new to see at the Arboretum.
Come for an hour…stay for the day